Disney Is Really ‘Cooking Up The Magic’
In the midst of everything happening right now, the team at Disney have still managed to sprinkle some magic into our lives.
Since the iconic brand has closed all of its parks due to COVID-19, it is now helping fans from all over the world experience the magic of Disney without actually being there.
Recently they shared the recipe for their sweet churro bites, which have been a park staple for quite some time and are extremely popular with visitors from everywhere in the world.
So, in anticipation of National Grilled Cheese Day in the US, the team at Disney decided to share their ‘Grilled three-cheese sandwich’ recipe. The sandwich, typically found at Woody’s Lunch Box in Hollywood Studios, is well loved considering it has only been available at the park for less than two years.
This recipe is perfect for the Pure Dairy team, because we love our cheese, and for myself because I am the BIGGEST Disney fan at Pure Dairy!
Due to the closures this year I will miss out on my long-awaited trip to Disney, so this recipe could not have come at a better time, and it combines two of my favourite things, Cheese and Disney. Now is the perfect time for me to try this recipe at home, using Pure Dairy’s Cheddar Cheese slices and Provolone Cheese slices, and you should too!
We have put the recipe below, so you can also learn how to re-create this Disney favourite.
Disney Parks Grilled Three- Cheese Sandwich
8 Slices of Artisan Bread
8 Cheddar Cheese Slices
8 Provolone Slices
(We recommend using Pure Dairy’s Cheddar and Provolone Cheese Slices, because obviously they are the best)
For the Cream Cheese Spread:
½ cup of cream cheese
½ cup of shredded cheddar or Double Gloucester cheese
2 tablespoons of heavy cream
¼ teaspoon of coarse salt
For the garlic spread:
1 cup of mayonnaise
1 ½ teaspoons of minced garlic
½ teaspoon of coarse salt
For the cream cheese spread:
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar or Double Gloucester, heavy cream and salt in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth and set aside.
For the garlic spread:
- Combine the mayonnaise, garlic and salt in small bowl.
- Stir until blended and set aside.
For the sandwich:
- Lay out artisan bread slices on baking paper or a large cutting board.
- Place 2 slices of cheddar on 4 of the bread slices. Place 2 slices of provolone on the remaining bread slices.
- Equally spoon the cream cheese spread on slices with provolone. Gently smooth cream cheese spread over each slice.
- Press cheddar side and provolone side together.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, until hot.
- Brush both sides of the sandwiches with the garlic spread.
- Grill sandwiches for 2 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted, and bread is golden brown!